Thursday, March 27, 2008

What an experience

Okay, okay, i know i haven't been updating my blog..it's just plain reluctance, that's all. Anywayz, i'm gonna tell you all about the whole event of the easter presentation at my college. Pictures and videos are taken by Dennis.

I was the emcee alright. Was so busy rushing here and there.
It was my first time emceeing an event.

My co-emcee, Sam. He did a great job. We first time met Don Budd, our guest performer, a Canadian.

Before the whole event starts, we pray.



Inviting passer-bys to come

and..here we go!

It started off with Don Budd singing a few songs..
then the video "everything lifehouse skit" is shown

The Friday monologue by Josh
"The Crucifixion"
Video: "Mighty is the Power of the Cross". Pls excuse the mike feedback. However, those unwanted high pitch sound came by when I forgot my lines..hehe..got me covered up.

Saturday monologue by Anna
"The Hopelessness"

The audience

Then followed by a skit "Had He not Risen?"



Then came in Anna who continued the Sunday monologue, then followed by Josh.
"The Resurrection"



After that, a video was shown, and dancers were prepared in their places.
Dancers dance to the song: "Jesus My Only Hope"


Don Budd came in again after the dance, doing some sharing about his personal life and some songs

Last but not least, acknowledgment for Mr Don Budd by Mr. Chin

and for the whole team

Tada! lurve this pic!
from left front: Fiona, Clarene, Anna
from left middle: Nelly, Amanda, Mia, Janine, me, Sam, Alex, Mr. Chin, Josh
from left behind: Mark, Don Budd

Mr. Don Budd + Gail

And finally...we need to be recharged..

This whole thing taught me many things..friendship, trust, working together, planning, preperation, and most of all, is a breakthrough for me to stand as one of the important position, which is emcee. All my life in college, I always get the behind the scenes position, and so, stepping out to emcee is another step for me, and yes, I was nervous for a few days before the real day. But when I put my trust and faith in God that He will not let me down, I regained my confidence. Also thanks to Dennis for all the help and support. Thanks to Mr. Chin, Josh, Sam, Anna (my tai ka che..hehe), Janine for the plannings to ensure it runs smoothly.
Thanks to Nelly(dancer), Fiona(dancer), Clarene(actress), Mark(actor) for the presentation.
Thanks to Mia & Amanda (projectionists), Benjamin (sound system), Alexander & Mark (photographers).
Thanks to those who had helped in any way(ones who set up the sound system, chairs, etc).

The day before this presentation, I almost lose my voice! Afraid that I won't be able to sing a high note, I make sure I drink lots of warm water and avoid spicy food. I guess drinking honey also helped, and above all, thank God I didn't lose my voice totally.

I'm kinda miss those times when we meet up at college and at FGA for practices..haha..am I crazy or what? Usually people don't really like to come for practices, but anyway, we manage to pull it off and did our best!

This is during the dance practice:


2 comments:

StylerDen said...

Nicely done :)
next big event, Abigail still gonna be the emcee, only this time an experienced emcee..
haha, Awesome job overall.
BoYah!!
God Bless

Anna Tan said...

AIYO shy weh. LOL

Ok la. Since you have put up such a good blog about it... I won't bother. Haha. Just direct everyone to see this page :P